Who we are
Code of Ethics
Become a Member / Membership Renewal
Become an RVT
What is an RVT?
Veterinary Technician National Exam
Post an Opportunity
Forms / Documents / Helpful Links
Code of Ethics of EVTA
1. Conduct characterizing a person of probity is expected of all members.
2. It is the duty of all members of the Association to conduct themselves in accordance with this Code of Ethics.
3. No member shall indulge in an illegal veterinary practice or encourage others to participate in such practice, and it is the duty of the member to report such violations.
4. When working under the supervision of a veterinarian in a commercial operation, the employer and not clientele must pay technicians.
5. Veterinary technicians shall up hold the bylaws/regulations of his/her province which apply to the technician’s responsibilities as a member of the veterinary medical health care team.
6. Ethical standards are never less than those required by law; frequently, they are morestringent.
7. The Code of Ethics shall be subject to review and timely revision by the Board of Directors.