Nominations can be made by either EVTA members or NBVMA/NSVMA members. Nominees must be members in good standing.
Nominations close September 1st each year - selections are made by the EVTA Board of Directors and announced at the Annual General Meeting
The recipients will be notified with an invitation to attend the AGM for presentations
The EVTA Technician of the Year award
- The recipent of this award should be exemplary in what it means to be a Registered Veterinary Technician - dedicated to practicing high quality medicine and nursing care, educating clients and advocating for their patients as well as being supportive to their peers.
- Recipents from each province are awarded
- Recipents of this award are to recieve a plaque as well as coverage of a conference of their choice OR accommodations to attend, up to $250.00
Nova Scotia - Kim Irvine, RVT
New Brunswick - Sophie Beaudin, RVT
Newfoundland & Labrador - Delaney Barnes, RVT
Prince Edward Island - Jennifer MacEachern, RVT
2022 - Janet Munday (NS) Mackenzie Ashby (NB) Megan Wiggins (NL) Emily Van Horne (PEI)
2021 - Christina Miller (NS) Mylene Losier (NB) Michele Sheppard (NL) Kendra Stewart (PEI)
2020 - Crystal Hunt (NS) Patsy Osmond (NB) Amanda Maloney (NL) Laura Stapleton (PEI)
The Laurel MacIntosh Excellence Award
- This award is given to a Registered Veterinary Technician who demonstrates dedication to the Veterinary Technology profession as well as promotes and supports the progression of our field and the members in which it holds. This award is not given annually, rather than on a case by case basis when a nominee is presented who meets the criteria and would be presented during the AGM.
Beverly Macdonald, RVT
The Recognition Award - Veterinarian
- This award is given to a DVM who exemplifies a veterinary professional who shows support and advocacy for the Veterinary Technology profession. They demonstrate value for the RVT's they work with and understand they are intergal part of the vet team.
- This award is not given annually, rather than on a case by case basis when a nominee is presented who meets the criteria and would be presented during the AGM
Veterinary Technology Student Award
- A student within the atlantic provinces will be selected by the faculty of their respective institution
- The award value is $200.00. This is an annual award to be presented at the institution’s awards ceremony.
- The criteria for winning the award will be set out by the EVTA board of directors