- 1. Veterinary technicians shall aid society and animals through providing excellent care and services for animals.
- 2. Veterinary technicians shall prevent and relieve suffering of animals to the best of their ability.
- 3. Veterinary technicians shall promote public health by assisting with the control of zoonotic diseases and informing the public about these diseases.
- 4. Veterinary technicians shall assume accountability for individual professional actions and judgements.
- 5. Veterinary technicians shall protect confidential information provided by clients.
- 6. Veterinary technicians shall safeguard the public and profession against individuals who are deficient, unprofessional, incompetent or unethical.
- 7. Veterinary technicians shall assist with efforts to ensure conditions of employment consistent with excellent care for animals.
- 8. Veterinary technicians shall remain competent in veterinary medicine through a commitment to lifelong learning and make every effort to keep abreast of current advancements in the veterinary field.
- 9. Veterinary technicians shall collaborate with members of the veterinary medical profession in efforts to ensure quality health care services for all animals.
OBLIGATION TO THE ASSOCIATION:
- 1. It is the duty of the member to promptly reply to all correspondence from the Association.
- 2. A breach of the Code of Ethics is deemed to be conduct injurious to the Objectives of the Association.
- 3. A breach of this code will result in a reprimand, fine or termination of membership.
The Professional Deportment section of the Code of Ethics of the Eastern Veterinary Technicians’ Association has been adopted, with written permission from the originator of the document from the North American Veterinary Technicians’ Association.